Information for Your Stay in Pune and Osho International Meditation Resort Registration
- Winter: Mid Nov - mid Feb. Dry, cool/cold nights, pleasantly warm days. The Meditation Resort's busiest time.
- Spring: Mid Feb - early June. Hot during the day, with lovely warm evenings. (The water in the pool is a perfect temperature.)
- Monsoon: Early June - early October (but can last longer. Rains often, then sun clears through the clouds. Warm and humid. A more quiet time to visit the Meditation Resort. Bring a rain coat, umbrella and possibly plastic shoes or small boots.
- Post-Monsoon: Early Oct - early Nov. A little rain, but still warm.
Click here for Today's Weather in Pune
The simplest way to visit the Osho Meditation Resort is to stay at the
door to door
facility from Mumbai or Pune airport is available at your convenience.
You can also apply for any of the Living In programs offered at the Meditation Resort.
Other type of accommodations:
- For a sample of nearby hotels
- Rooms in apartments: You can also rent rooms in modern complexes nearby. The rates vary according to quality and season. A good room with a private bath is about 20,000 – 40,000 rupees a month in the winter season (November to February), and can go down to 12,000 to 18,000 during the summer months. Lower quality rooms are available for about 15,000 to 20,000 during the winter season and perhaps 30% less in the summer.
Most people come to the Meditation Resort early in the morning, (the first meditation starts at 6am) and leave in the evening after dinner, the last meditation, or an evening event. A free shuttle service is available to pick people up from the immediate vicinity of the Meditation Resort for Osho Dynamic Meditation at 6 am in the morning and will drop people home after the Evening Meeting Meditation up until 12 pm at night.
Pre-booking a hotel between November to February is advised, particularly for the Osho Guesthouse.
Pune Local Transport
Pre-paid Taxi are available at the airport or Rickshaws at the train station and on most streets in the city. Make sure, before you start, that the driver agrees to use the fare meter. If he won't, negotiate the price ahead of time. Often the driver will insist on extra for luggage.
For your daily transport needs, you can also rent a scooter or a motorbike.You can rent motorbikes in the Koregaon Park area. An international driver's license is needed.
Many items that you may need for your stay are available on the Meditation Resort campus. Many common imported goods are now available in India, but see this
list for things
which may not be easy to buy. If you have unusual medical or high-tech needs, bring those items with you.
Living Costs/ Eating in Osho International Meditation Resort
The Meditation Resort serves high-quality vegetarian cuisine as well as more luxury items. Expect to pay around 25,000 to 30,000 INR per month.
Entry stickers prices:
This daily entry sticker includes the full-day meditation program and the open-air classes in Buddha Grove. Entry stickers are available to purchase for 1-10 days or for 30 days.
- For 1- and 2-day entry stickers: the cost per day is 1900 INR for international visitors and 920 INR for resident Indian nationals.
- Buying entry stickers for 3 and 4 days: the cost per day is discounted by approximately 15%.
- Buying entry stickers for a minimum of 5 days: the cost per day is discounted by approximately 25%.
- The cost for a 30-day sticker is discounted by approximately 40%
Meditations in Osho Auditorium, as well as many other activities are covered with this contribution; however this does not include Multiversity courses.
OSHO International Meditation Resort Registration
To enter the OSHO International Meditation Resort you need to register at the Welcome Center (on the right of the Main Gate). Come between 9am and 3.30pm (closed for lunch 12.30pm - 2pm).
Please remember, if you are an international visitor, to bring your passport with your current visa inside – but not a photocopy. And if you are an Indian national and currently living in India please bring an original photo ID with you.
First time visitors pay 100 INR for a gate pass with digital photo. This does not include the actual daily entry sticker.
To help you get a feel for what is available at the Meditation Resort, there is a “Welcome Hour.” It includes a detailed introduction to the meditations offered, an orientation to the Osho Multiversity programs. This Welcome Hour is happening every day, so if you arrive at the Meditation Resort at 9:00 am, you can register immediately and join the Welcome Hour that day. Otherwise you can attend the Welcome Hour the following day.
You can arrive at the OSHO Guesthouse at any time of day or night and take care of your registration formalities the next day during the Welcome Center opening hours.
If you have any questions about arrival or registration at the OSHO International Meditation Resort, please contact the Welcome Center by e-mail:
Plain maroon robes are worn inside the Meditation Resort. Plain white robes, not cream or patterned, are worn only for the evening meditation. Expect to spend roughly 2,000 rupees for two robes (one of each color). Add another 700 rupees for socks and shawls (non-woolen). You might also expect to spend 1,600 rupees for a meditation seat or mat of some kind for about 700 rupees: this is for winter, were the marble floors are distinctly cool. Only maroon sports/swim wear is worn in the pool area. All these items are available from the OSHO Galleria on campus.
Children under 12 years old can come into the Meditation Resort for lunch between 1 and 2 pm. They need to be accompanied by a parent at all times. Young adults between the ages of 12 to 18 can join in activities that include participation in 4 hours' Work-as-Meditation. This means being part of a department doing something they enjoy, and one other meditation of their choice per day. However, it only makes sense to bring a teenager in this age group to Pune if he or she is sincerely interested in the Osho International Meditation Resort program and approach.
- Be aware that children of school age can come to the Meditation Resort only during their school holidays.
- There are no daycare facilities run by the Meditation Resort.
- Bringing your child to Pune will be entirely your own responsibility. Please, consider this with care.
The Osho International Meditation Resort has its own Communications Center with facilities for e-mail and regular mail. You can give the following details to friends so that they can contact you:
c/o Osho International Meditation Resort
17 Koregaon Park Pune MS411001 India
Tel: +91 20 6601 9999
Fax: +91 20 6601 9990
There is also a Cyber Cafe available on campus.
There are many first-class medical facilities within a short distance from the Osho International Meditation Resort.
Click for more information on: